A Petition for an Injunction against Domestic Violence may be filed against a person who either now or in the past has lived with you as a “family” including people who are related by blood or marriage OR a person who is the parent of your children, regardless of whether or not you have ever been married or lived together.
What can a Domestic Violence Injunction do for you?
The injunction can provide such relief as the court deems necessary, such as:
– Restraining the respondent from committing any acts of domestic violence against you;
– Award you temporary exclusive use of the home;
– Address issues related to support and timesharing with children;
– Order the respondent to participate in a batterer’s intervention course;
– Require the respondent to surrender weapons to law enforcement.
There are certain legal requirements that must be met to file an injunction for domestic violence. At D’Lugo and DeFlora, P.A. we are experienced attorneys committed to protect your family. Call us for a consultation at 407.870.5551. You can also contact us online at www.kissimmeefamilylaw.com.