When faced with the possibility of a divorce, most people have no idea what to expect during their first consultation with a divorce lawyer. Each divorce case is unique and circumstances will dictate what is discussed and what actions are taken as a result of your first meeting. There are a few things you can do to make the most of your first meeting.
- Review your finances ahead of time
- Bring relevant paperwork and information
- Come prepared with questions
- Be honest when describing your situation and answering questions
- Have an idea of what you want to achieve
The services of an experienced divorce attorney with knowledge as to your rights, your children’s rights, your property rights, and your responsibilities resulting from the marriage are our area of expertise. D’Lugo and DeFlora, P.A. can analyze your unique situation and help you make decisions in your best interest and that of your family.